About Me

Ordained Bishop in the Church of God, Founding Pastor of For This Time Ministries, I am married and minister in Hawaii. God is Good and I am busy.:)

Thursday, December 27, 2012

What a Year!

What a year.  2012 is nearing its end and 2013 will be starting.  I am sitting here remembering and think of all I have to be thankful for.


1. This year I married my Julie.  I have looked for all my life and God brought her to me and I am looking forward to what God will do in the next year.

2.  In 2012 I was released from my ministerial home for the last 5 years in Cumberland, MD. Bishop Matthew Ellis who was and is my spiritual father, taught me so much about ministry that I am forever grateful to him and his awesome wife Jennifer Ellis, who by the way is the Senior Pastor at her own church in West Virginia and a awesome pastor in her own rite.  I met them 10 years ago last week and my life has never been the same.  Seeing the growth in them since 2002 till now is amazing.

3.  I was sent with a mandate from God to start ministries here in Hawaii.  It started a little rocky but God sent Bishop Miller in my way and I came along side and got back together with Ministry to the Military which amazingly enough is where I started in 1999 in Japan. I am looking forward to what is in store for the next year.

4.  I am building a Youth ministry from scratch, this is scarey and intimidating.  I am very uncomfortable with youth but I know God has something planned for this.  I was asked and I will stretch and become the man God wants me to be.  Julie is going to be the Ladies Ministry and she is looking forward to it also.  We are gelling as a team and she is defiantly the woman that can both put up with me and handle me lol. 

5.  I know I normally don't do new years resolution but I feel for next year I resolve to grow to be the Husband, the  Man and the minister that I am called to be.

So for now from Julie and myself, God bless and a very happy new year.



                                                  Love:
                                      Jackson and Julie Plant
                                        

No comments: